Friday, September 10, 2004

a travesty of elastic proportions

So I usually wear a number of rubber bands on each wrist to school. I kind of don't know why I do it, but I do it. Today in AP Gov, an assignment that required the use of notecards was due. The teacher instructed us to put a clip or band on our notecards for organization. Of course everyone comes crawling to me for a rubber band and reluctantly I give away 6 of my 7 rubber bands. These weren't just any rubber bands either, they were fresh clean high quality rubber band of the perfect width and circumference; this was no petty sacrifice. No sooner does everyone turn in their cards with my bands on them, some girl starts walking around with a huge bag of colored rubber bands for everyone. So not only do I go from hero to zero in about a quarter of a second, but everyone else is sporting multiple colored rubber bands on their wrist. I'm left with one, lonely, classic tan rubber band. It's like being put up on a pedastal, thrown off the pedastal into the mud then having the pedestal hurled at me. Fantastic.

-alex

1 comment:

steven fregonese said...

well i see you have the comment feature now... first off i would like to say lol!! man that was great. i also needed a rubberband in history class, but nobody had one. sometimes you don't know how much you needed something, until it's gone. one more thing, Everyone who pulls on somebody else's rubberband while it's around their rist and then lets it snap against that person's arm... well i'm too ashamed to insult you. it's just un-american.