Sunday, September 26, 2004

the one with all the money

The University of Arizona sent me a letter yesterday offering me a certain amount of money because I was named a National Merit Semifinalist, which is just based off of a PSAT test. Now I'm not complaining about it by any means, but there's part of me that feels like I don't necessarily deserve it. It bothers me that I am getting money just for being me, while others aren't because they are them. I haven't worked particularly hard in high school, I skip a lot of homework, I'm not always focused or dedicated in class. I know people who put in tons of effort and are getting nothing, or very little for it. All I did was sit down for 3 hours and take a test that, as crazy as it sounds, I enjoyed. Someday I'll get over the ridiculous guilt I feel for things like this, but not today.

-alex

1 comment:

steven fregonese said...

while i also don't work my ass off in school, i agree with you; it's extremely unfair for you to get a scholarship, but not me. bottom line- give me some money please...
-steve