Sunday, May 28, 2006

London > me

After getting into London late last night, we walked the streets for 4 hours getting rejected by every place with beds. Finally we ended up sleeping on the street. This is backpacking. So it turns out London is a huge party place, with tons of clubs and weird rave like events on these ships that sit on the Thames. We tried to escape to Spain or Paris a few days early, but it doesn't look like London is going to let that happen. We'll be here until Wednesday when we ship off to the snady beaches of Barcelona! That is, of course, London doesn't get smart again and close all our subway routes and destination subway stations as it did today. When we take off, I'll stop worrying. Not that I dislike London, it's incredible here, but she's got this attitude towards Steve and I. Messing with our heads and our bodies and all. I'm sure there's more in store. I guess all I can do is enjoy the beautiful architecture, the surreal Big Ben, London Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, and the rest. Oh, darn.....

-alex

No comments: