Wednesday, August 11, 2004

tee'd off

So it's around my favorite time of year: school shopping time. (Insert ridiculously sarcastic tone) As most of you know, my clothing repertoire isn't anything all that impressive so I figured I'd extend my wardrobe from 3 shirts to maybe 5 or 6, and from 1 pair of shorts to 3 or 4. Shorts are simple and no problem to find. You'd think that shirts would be as easy, but alas, they are not. All I really want is a simple solid color T-shirt with whatever brand name or logo modestly placed on the front but down at the mall that does not seem to be an option. I could go with the typical Abercrombie/American Eagle horizontal striped polo and turn myself into Alex Uber-preppie. I could overpay for a T-shirt with some blatantly suggestive faux-advertisement on it, like "Alex's Hot Dog Stand: Open All Night". Always a classy choice. Another option is the T-shirt with some oversized retro advertisement on the back for some Surf Shop or (Insert brand here) Athletic Team. The shirts without such obnoxious fake advertisements usually come in the form of a shirt with a gigantic "OLD NAVY" or "ABERCROMBIE" plastered across the chest, visible to the naked eye from hundreds of yards away. As much as I'd love to pay 20 dollars to do the company's advertising for them, I'm going to have to pass. I don't want a shirt with 3 panels of some stick figure cartoon, I don't want a shirt that misspells Hooked on Phonics, I don't want a shirt that has some "clever" one liner or pick up line on it, or one that attempts to make people think I'm a sociopath with voices in my head. Maybe I'll just have to stick with my A) Red, B) Blue, and C) Gray Aeropostale shirts for another year. I don't mind.

-alex

No comments: