Friday, August 06, 2004

Annual Rambling TV Awards

Who Cares? Award: MTV. I don't care about Nick and Jessica's life, or what everyone's house looks like, or the Diary of so and so. "You think you know, but you have no idea, and you probably don't want to."

Most Played Show: The Ashlee Simpson Show. I don't even need to explain this one, you know it's true.

Late Night Award: Conan O' Brien. How can you go wrong with a show that plays Walker, Texas Ranger clips as a comedy routine? Plus Leno and Letterman just aren't funny.

Worst Commercial: YJ Stinger Energy Drink. Mmmmm, I really want to drink something that explodes with bees when I open it. Plus it's an energy drink.

You're Cool, But Not That Cool Award: People who watch The Daily Show. Granted Jon Stewart is hilarious and the show is great, but watching the show doesn't make you "unique" or "hip". It seems like a lot of people think they're "underground" because they like the show. News flash: everyone watches it, everyone likes it, you're not that cool.

Re-run the Re-runs Award: Bravo. Bravo's lineup consists of three things: The West Wing reruns, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy reruns, and Celebrity Poker Showdown reruns. Even though I love the West Wing, I can only watch the same episode once or twice a day before I'm tired of it.

I'm going to add more as I go.

-alex


No comments: