Sunday, July 04, 2004

i see it around me, i see it in everything...i could be so much more than this...

It just doesn't click. I know this is a terribly cynical generalization, but it seems that the wrong thing to do is both easy and fun, while the right thing, though satisfying in the end, is dull and difficult. I'm hanging out with friends because I have nothing else to do. I don't want to get too specific, but I chose to throw back Dr. Pepper all night instead of alcohol, so while people have their drunken fun and others partake in the proverbial game of baseball, I have the pleasure of playing solitaire on someone else's kitchen table. By myself. For three hours. And now I decide to hijack this computer and blog. I don't really enjoy playing the martyr, but I simply don't understand why you always have to pay some price to do the right thing. It doesn't make sense. Now I know rationality is both severely overrated and painfully uncommon. And I know that a truly selfless person wouldn't go online and bitch about making some petty sacrifice, but I'm just tired of this basic situation manifesting itself night after night. Where's the real fun, where you don't have to be wasted? It seems to have been misplaced, and there doesn't seem to be very many people looking for it.


-alex

No comments: