Saturday, June 23, 2007

i am waiting until i don't know when, because i'm sure it's going to happen then

I'm sufficiently mentally isolated, again, to turn to my blog as an outlet. That's all I have to say for myself.

I've successfully navigated my way out of being deprived of (read: losing) my scholarship. If nothing else it was a humbling, if expensive, experience and it's satisfying to know that the work I've put in has paid off. An even 3.5 over the last two semesters, and honorable mention for the Spring 2007 Dean's List. I suppose I just have to make sure that my next step is away from the hole I just crawled out of.

After the good experience I had in my English class and discussion group last semester I've been really motivated to explore my writing further through the UA. I'm signed up for two English classes this fall and I applied for a science writing/journalism internship. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I think the internship would be a lot of fun and would be a good indication of what writing really means to me at this point. I have yet to rule out the possibility that I enjoy thinking about writing more than I enjoy writing, so I figure immersing myself in it for a semester will be a good polarizer. Though I can't let myself enjoy it so much that it detracts from the rigors of E&M, Quantum, Astrophysics, and Linear Algebra. And programming. And research. And sleep? Nah.

My circles are changing. I'm quickly finding that I fit much better with the "new" people than most of the old. I'm not sure what exactly has driven me from the old people, but I'm not sure that I actually care to figure it out. It's uncomfortable at times, but I'm kind of enjoying finding my way into a niche of new people.

At this point, I have no clue where I'm going or how quickly I'm getting there, but in considering where I am at the moment, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

No comments: